Your special someone may not notice your new shoes or eyebrow wax (sadly!), but they will notice the health and vibrancy of your hair, skin and nails.
At Silicea, we believe beauty is showing off the best version of the real you. Skip the fake tan and the false nails and enhance what you’ve got naturally with this three-day guide to get you glowing just in time for Valentine’s Day.
Two days before
Make your skin is looking great by cleansing, toning and moisturising morning and night. Don’t try experimenting with anything new unless the product is natural to avoid unexpected skin reactions.
1. Apply a homemade, natural facemask to treat any skin issues. Try some of these suggestions for different skin types:
- Dry skin: Avocado and honey
- Eczema and acne: oatmeal, water and honey
- Oily skin: cucumber, egg white, lemon
2. Smooth and brighten your skin by body brushing when your skin is clean and dry after a shower. This will help remove dead skin cells, increase circulation, assist in removing ingrown hairs and release toxins, improving your skin’s overall appearance.
3. Dehydration can cause your skin to look dull and lifeless. Increase your water intake to 1.5 – 2 litres to hydrate your skin and flush out toxins. Continue this for the next few days for a natural way to achieve a healthy glow and ensure you look fresh and rested.
4. Avoid eating or drinking anything that will bloat or dehydrate your skin. This includes high salt foods, sugary drinks and alcohol.
5. If your split ends are out of control, now is your last chance to get rid of them. Visit your hairdresser for a trim today to allow time for your fresh ends to settle.
The night before
1. Now is the perfect time for a DIY manicure and pedicure to reduce the risk of chipping and to allow enough time for polishes to dry. Buff and file your nails and apply a polish of your choice.
2. Exfoliate your face and body to remove dead skin cells and reveal a bright complexion. For a natural, homemade solution try a mix of brown sugar, coconut oil and ground coffee. This combination reduces the appearance of cellulite and tightens and tones your skin’s appearance.
3. For silky smooth skin, moisturise your face and body after exfoliating.
4. If your hair needs an extra boost, apply a coconut oil hair mask, wrap with glad wrap or a towel and leave in for an hour or overnight if your ends are feeling dry.
The morning of
1. Wash your hair, ensuring you use the right shampoo and conditioner for your hair type. Finish your wash with cool water to seal your hair’s cuticles and boost shine. If your hair is unrulely, wash your hair the night before to give it time to settle.
Silicea helps your hair, skin and nails look date-ready all year round by providing your body with the essential mineral silica.
To give your body the boost it needs to look amazing for any special event, visit www.silicea.com.au for our full product range.