Valentine’s Day celebrates love in all its glory, and it’s important to spare some love and care for yourself.
To enjoy the day with a feel-good mindset, here are a few tips to keep you feeling your best inside and out.
- Get your beauty sleep! Sleep deprivation decreases the blood flow to your face, which creates a dull look in your cheeks. Puffy eyes, heavy circles under eyes, and hair breakage are side effects of unrested nights, and your usual glowing complexion can have visible signs after just one night of missed sleep!
- Exfoliation is an essential component in every skincare routine. The removal of stagnant skin cells is important in maintaining a healthy glow in your face. Bacteria is often left behind in skin pores and can affect how your skin looks in natural light. Exfoliating dead cells will remove the dullness and brighten your complexion almost instantly.
- Exercise is the simplest method of achieving a glowing complexion and to feel happy. Exercise increases the blood flow of minerals, vitamins and oxygen into your capillaries as well as releasing endorphins, which triggers positive feelings, helping reduce stress, depression and improve self-esteem. This extra kick of energy enhances your outlook and has the added benefit of improving your complexion, leaving a little flush in the cheeks which presents a youthful glow.
- Hydration. Your skin is your body’s largest organ and requires a lot of water to compensate for everyday activities. When there is plenty of chocolate and wine to indulge in this Valentine’s Day, it’s important to remember to drink lots of water and enjoy treats in moderation. Water also neutralises hair loss and strengthens nail beds to create a healthier overall look.
- Speaking of chocolate… the urge to eat a box of chocolates increases on days like Valentine’s Day. Your hair, skin and nails will thank you for skipping the extra chocolate, as the refined sugar can exacerbate existing skin conditions like eczema, and contribute to the ageing process when consumed in excess.
These tips are the first steps to becoming your best self this Valentine’s Day. Silicea offers a range of products designed to help you look and feel your best. If you need a little self-love this Valentine’s Day, Silicea may be the answer you’re looking for. To find out more about Silicea products and how they can help you from the inside out, head to www.silicea.com.au for further information.